The following 4 rules must be adhered to when staying at the cottages. Thank you.
1. The cottages are completely non-smoking.
Smoking is only permitted on the the separate arbour (AZUMAYA) or in your car. Should it be found that you smoked in the cottage you will be charged 100,000 yen (approx. US $1000) for specialist cleaning and will not be allowed to stay again.
2. Cooking using flames or cooking which gives off smoke is not permitted.
Cooking over an open flame (gas stove etc.) or cooking which gives off smoke in the cottages or on the deck (veranda) is prohibited. You many use the separate arbour for such cooking. We ask you to please refrain from making barbeques etc. in the temple grounds before 5:00pm.
3. Please do not make too much noise
Please remember that the cottages are in the grounds of a temple, and offer a quiet environment for our guests. We ask for your cooperation in preserving the quiet and tranquility. Please do not use the cottages for parties or large gatherings. Extra guests that exceed the number at the time of reservation are strictly prohibited.
4. Pets are prohibited
Assistance dogs such as guide dogs are allowed, but please let us know beforehand so we can prepare.
Not adhering to the above will result in you not being allowed to stay.
- Check-in is between 3:00pm and 5:30pm. Please check-in at the temple office. The grounds are dark at night so we recommend you check in early.
- Please check-out before 10:00am. If you wish to extend your stay past this time please tell us when you check in.
- If you have any inquiries/requests such as borrowing equipment etc., please go to the office before 6:00pm and the cottage staff will assist you.
- For security reasons and to prevent the door from blowing open, after your stay please lock the front door of the cottage before returning your key.
- When you check out, please settle the bill for drinks/items from the refrigerator that you have consumed. Please pay the cottage charge when you check in.
- In winter, please check the weather forecast before setting out. On snowy days you will require snow tyres or chains. The cottages are 200m above sea level and so the temperature is a few degrees cooler than in the city.
We ask for your cooperation and understanding in order to make your stay a pleasant one for everyone.